Join our Team
Who are we?
Behind the YAZIO app, you’ll find our motivated and enthusiastic team. We truly believe in the transformative power of healthy eating. With YAZIO, we're helping people live healthier lives through better nutrition.
We Nurture Team Spirit
We promote a positive and fun atmosphere based on mutual respect. We communicate openly and with care, always assuming positive intent. We make all team members feel welcome and appreciated regardless of their background. While being physically spread across locations, we act as a team and feel connected to each other.
We Believe in Healthy Living
We aim for everyone to find their own healthy balance, mentally and physically. We encourage self-care and actively support creating work-life harmony. We believe in the power of healthy nutrition and its impact on improving holistic well-being.
We Strive for Excellence
We are driven by ambition and are always looking to improve. We pride ourselves on the quality of our work. Our attention to detail and precise communication sets us apart and allows us to grow.
We Love to Help
Helping others is in our DNA and shapes our daily work. Our desire to help our users is reflected in our eagerness to support our team members and contribute to one another’s success. At YAZIO, you have a team behind you ready to jump in when needed.
We Practice Empowerment
We, just like our users, are empowered to create change. We bring in new ideas and question the status quo. We take ownership of our work and know that our contributions count. We are not afraid to challenge ourselves and take on new responsibilities to learn and grow.
We offer a remote-first culture with team members spread out across Germany, Spain, Italy, Portugal and the U.K. You’ll be able to enjoy the flexibility of working from home while still feeling connected to the team.
We believe in the importance of having an efficient workspace. That's why we make a coworking space (or something similar) available to you.
We try to avoid overtime. If it does happen, you will receive credit for the additional hours worked.
You will be provided with state-of-the-art technical equipment (MacBook, external monitor, keyboard, etc.).
In addition to an attractive salary, we also make a learning budget available so you can continue to learn and develop personally and professionally.
Hiking through the mountains or an online cooking event? At YAZIO, you can look forward to exciting retreats and digital team events each year.
Our Candidate Experience
You’ll have a Google Meet video call with our Talent Acquisition Manager (approx. 30–45 min.)
Dependent on the position, we’ll have you complete a take-home assignment (max. 4 hours of time investment required)
You’ll talk with the Hiring Manager/Team Lead (approx. 60 min.)
You’ll spend the entire day with us remotely—simulating a typical work day at YAZIO. You will work on a few assignments and get to know your future team members
If all goes well, we’d be happy to welcome you to our team!
How do I apply for a job at YAZIO?
- You can find all open positions on our Jobs Page.
- You can upload your CV, cover letter, other necessary documents and even an intro video. Feel free to send your intro video via WeTransfer.
- Once you've submitted your application, you should receive an automatic confirmation.
- We will then screen your application and get back to you as soon as possible.
- Please avoid sending your application via e-mail and, instead, apply directly through our Jobs Page. This is the best option for everyone!
How can I make my application stand out?
- Ensure that your CV and especially your cover letter are perfectly tailored to the position you're applying for.
- Let us know why you want to work for YAZIO and what appeals to you most about the respective position.
- We would particularly love to see an introduction video of you telling us about yourself as well as your hobbies and interests. Other exciting profiles relevant to the job, such as a personal blog, your IG or GitHub profile, are also always exciting for us to see. It's not a must but definitely a plus!
How and where does the initial job training take place?
- Since we are a remote-first company, the initial job training generally takes place remotely from where you will be regularly working.
- You will have two regular contacts at YAZIO: Your team lead, who will support and train you regarding all departmental matters, and a people manager, who will be available to answer all of your personnel-related questions.
Can I work from anywhere in the world?
- To work at YAZIO, you must be located in Germany, Spain, Italy, Portugal or the U.K.
- Our remote-first approach provides the flexibility for you to work from home, a co-working space or other locations within your country of employment.
- It is also possible to work from abroad for a limited period of time depending on the destination. With our flexible remote policy, you have the possibility to work abroad from within the EU for 60 days (up to 20 of these days can also be outside of the EU provided that you are able to work effectively with other team members from your location’s timezone).
- While we allow you to establish your own routines and structures, we ultimately value a professional and stable work environment. This means constant travel or a digital nomad lifestyle does not fit with our corporate culture.
How does remote work at YAZIO function and how do you communicate with each other?
- We utilize various tools to ensure work and communication are efficient and pleasant.
- Our most important communication tool is Slack. In addition, we also use Google Meet for video calls and Notion for knowledge and project management.
- Proactive, written communication is extremely important when working remotely. This is the only way to ensure a smooth workflow.
How do you make sure remote employees feel included when they aren't in the office every day?
- Our entire team comes together once a year for an unforgettable 4-day company retreat. We travel to a select location and take part in exciting and relaxing activities, such as outdoor cooking, yoga, hiking and plenty more!
- In addition, sub-teams have the opportunity to plan and conduct their own Department Days once a year. These events as well as other remote team events, such as online cooking courses, help to encourage and build a positive team spirit.
- But that’s not all! To encourage connection with colleagues outside of one’s own team, we also have Donut Dates. Up to three team members are randomly matched via Slack to enjoy a virtual coffee date and get to know each other better.
- We also offer virtual lunches and off-topic Slack channels, such as movie and podcast recommendations.
What makes working for your company special?
- Team atmosphere is everything: We constantly support each other and are working towards a common goal—to become the most popular and best nutrition app in the world!
- At YAZIO, you'll have plenty of flexibility: Not only can you decide where you work from, you can also decide when. Our core hours are only from 11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. CET daily!
- With us, you can make a difference: Since we're a very dynamic team, every single person matters and is able to make essential contributions to an exciting product for millions of users!
How much do you pay your employees?
- Salary is dependent on several factors, including the position being filled and applicant experience.
- We believe fair salary is essential and conduct regular salary reviews.
Still have questions?
Our Open Positions